Collection: Hazelburn

Hazelburn Distillery was a distillery in Campbelltown, Scotland, operating from circa 1825 to 1925.
By 1871 it was owned by the Greenlees brothers of Lorne Highland Whisky, who also owned Dalaruan and Lagavulin, but by 1881 this had become the Greenlees and Colvill company. Also in 1881, Captain Samuel Greenlees bought out Daniel Greenlees' partnership and acquired the Moy estate.

In 1886, it had 22 employees and was producing 192,000 gallons of whisky a year, making it the largest distillery in town. On September 9, 1893, Princess Helen of Waldeck and Pyrmont and her family arrived on Lake Campbelltown on the royal yacht Victoria and Albert. Samuel Greenlees of Greenlees and Colvill Ltd. takes them on a tour of the distillery

In 1921 Greenlees & Colvill Ltd went into liquidation and the distillery was sold. It was acquired by Mitchell & Co. but closed in 1926. Mitchell & Co. owns two other distilleries, including Springbank Distillery. Since 2005, Springbank Distillery has bottled a whisky called Hazelburn Single Malt.
Hazelburn